The Art Spark is excited to announce we will be offering preschool classes beginning September of this year. If you’ve been searching for a small setting classroom with Covid-19 precautions in place, our studio may be the right fit for your family. Like everyone, The Art Spark has been affected by the changes associated with COVID-19 and we are navigating our way through Fall 2020 to the best of our abilities. We have decided that right now our classroom space is best suited to hold small group preschool enrichment classes! We know that this is an uncertain time for many families and deciding when and how you will be sending your child(ren) to school is difficult at best. This past summer we offered our summer camps to small groups of children while adhering to countless Covid-19 guidelines. Our children felt happy, free to create, and most importantly safe and secure. We are confident that our preschool classes will offer the same wonderful opportunity for (a limited number of) young sparklers. Please, check out how our preschool will run below. We’d love to see your child in our program this Fall! *Please, note that registration for our preschool classes will end at midnight August 16th.
The Art Spark preschool program will primarily follow a hands-on, play-based curriculum which will fosters your child’s development in reading, math, science, and ART! Each class we will follow this schedule:
9:00-9:45 Educational Lesson Focused in Reading, Math, History, Science, Art, Music
9:45-10:00 AM Snack Time
10:00-10:20 Play Time (Sensory Play, Painting, Building Activities, Practice with Patterns, Sorting Activities, and more which will rotate monthly)
10:20-11:30 Art Project Relevant to Educational Content
Your child will bring home their art projects + their relevant work materials on Thursday to showcase all they have learned all that week!
an art project relevant to the curriculum + snack time each day!
Why at Art Spark?: Our bright, cheerful and spacious classroom is perfectly set up to accommodate small groups of children. We will stick to a 6:2 student teacher ratio to safely follow Covid-19 guidelines and make sure your child is getting the attention they need. That means we will offer just 3-6 students in a group with one or two of our talented teachers! Our teachers have a degree focused on K-12 art education, but our 10 + years of experience with preschoolers in our programs has given us expertise and tools to help your child learn, play, grow, and thrive!
Ages: 4-5 yrs. (All children must be potty-trained.)
Dates: September 8th-December 17th (This may continue through May ’21)
*No Classes the week of Thanksgiving Nov 23-27. This program is scheduled to run through Dec 17th at this time.
Times and Days:
Parents will sign their child(ren) up to attend two days a week. We have Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM-11:30 AM available.
Cost: $90 per child per week (paid monthly)
*If you pay in full (September-December) you will receive a 5% discount ($85.50 per week, per child)
*If you sign up for Little Painter’s Preschool you may pay monthly as stated above but keep in mind you are committing through Dec 17th.
COVID-19 Regulations in Place for Little Painter’s Preschool
1. Arrival Procedure: As preschoolers arrive please stay in your car. Text the number that is sent to you via e-mail before preschool begins. A teacher will escort your child into our studio, take their temperature with a temporal thermometer (temperatures 100 degrees or over will not be admitted) and take them to a hand washing station as required by state law. If parents need to get out of the vehicle for any reason, please wear a mask. Each staff member will also have their temperature taken upon arrival and be monitoring their own health.
2. As mandated by the state, class sizes will be reduced based on the square footage of our classrooms. (Each child is required a space that is 35 square feet.) Our class size will not exceed 6 children.
3. All staff members will be wearing masks throughout class. While preschoolers are not required to wear masks to class, it is encouraged. Please speak with your child before class about the importance of not touching their face, or others. Please also explain why the staff is wearing masks if they have not been in contact with people doing so.
4. Children will be encouraged to socially distance themselves from one another. Seating will be spaced out within our classroom. Each child will have an individual caddy of materials prepared by teachers to limit exposure. Art materials will be sanitized before and after class each day. Hand sanitizer and clorox wipes will be available as needed.
5. Children are required to wear an art shirt or clothing that can get paint or non-washable art materials on them. We will not be using our smocks.
6. Each child is welcome to bring a disposable snack and drink. All children will wash hands before and after snack. (Please pack in brown paper bag or plastic bag). Please make sure all contents can be thrown away after snack to limit contamination. Children will have designated snack spots to store their snack in and will eat outside weather permitting. Please do not pack unnecessary items for your child that are not disposable.
7. If you’d like to see what’s happening in the studio please check our social media pages for updates, as adults are not permitted to come inside at this time to limit exposure. Instagram: @theartsparkclassroom Facebook: www.facebook.com/theartsparkclassroom
8. Leaving Procedures: Students will wash hands at the end of class and be escorted one at a time for pick-up. Please text the same number you texted upon arrival when you are present at pick-up. Your child will be brought to your car. Please, do not get out of your car.
9. Zero Tolerance Policy: If your child is exhibiting ANY symptoms of sickness please do not send them to class. Specifically: fever, cough, chills, shortness of breath, rash, frequent sneezing, runny nose, stomach pain, diarrhea etc.
How Do I Sign My Child Up?
Please, fill out the form below to secure a spot for your child.
The best way is to e-mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org